Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ouch!

Well, the girl child had her allergy skin tests today. The boy had such an easy time of it that I had been telling her there was nothing to worry about, it wouldn't hurt, it would be really easy, etc. Unfortunately, we got a different nurse this time and she was not nearly as gentle with the needles. It DID hurt, and most of the girl child's 30 scratches bled at least a little. Grrr! I felt so bad for her. We asked the woman to lighten up a bit, and she kind of did, but that was after she'd done more than half of the scratches.

The girl child did NOT take this well, and I can't blame her. She cried quite a bit when the nurse was out of the room. I was really proud of her for speaking up and letting the nurse know it was hurting, though. Poor kid. Like with the boy child, it took about two hours altogether. They had a TV/VCR in the room with an Ice Age video, so we watched that (the whole thing! with time left over!) and I think it helped distract her just a little bit. But it still hurt. I bought her a little toy and some potato chips afterwards as a reward.

Judging by the reactions I saw, I'm guessing she's allergic to planet earth just like her brother. But we'll find out for sure on Tuesday.